A terrific value, the 2012 Minervois le Chateau d’Albas is mostly Syrah, yet has a healthy 40% of Grenache rounding out the blend. Completely destemmed and aged 12 months in barrel, it has saline (reminded me of La Clape) characteristics go with plenty of iodine, black cherry and black raspberry fruit, medium-bodied richness, and fine tannin that emerge on the finish. Drink this classy, elegant Minervois anytime over the coming 5-6 years.
— Parker - Wine Advocate - Apr 2016
Our Château red Minervois marries two Mediterranean grape varieties of Syrah and Grenache, separately matured in oak for 12 months.
It offers a rich and complex bouquet of red fruits, is long and generous on the palate, being underpinned by soft tannins. Pairs well with roasted meats and spicy dishes.
Awards / Concours (selection)
- Chateau 2012 - Parker Wine Advocate - 90
- Chateau 2014 - Decanter - Silver / Argent
- Chateau 2014 - Concours Mondial de Bruxelles - Silver / Argent
- Chateau 2012 - Hachette ☆
- Chateau 2012 - Bettane & Desseauve - Silver / Argent - Prix Plaisir
- Chateau 2012 - Decanter - Bronze
- Chateau 2012 - International Wine Challenge - Gold / Or - Trophy Minervois award
- Chateau 2011 - Concours Mondial de Bruxelles - Grande Medaille d'Or - Gold
- Chateau 2008 - International Wine Challenge - Gold / Or
- Chateau 2008 - Concours Mondial de Bruxelles - Silver / Argent
- Chateau 2007 - Hachette ☆☆
- Chateau 2007 - Decanter - Commended
- Chateau 2006 - Macon - Silver / Argent
- Chateau 2006 - Concours General Agricole de Paris - Gold / Or
- Chateau 2005 - Decanter - Bronze
- Chateau 2004 - Macon - Gold / Or
- Chateau 2004 - Decanter - ☆☆☆
- Chateau 2004 - Concours Mondial de Bruxelles - Silver / Argent
- Chateau 2003 - International Wine Challenge - Silver / Argent
6 x Bottles of Chateau d'Albas Rouge
6 x bottles per case sold at the ex-cellar price (directly from the wine farm in The South of France).
€12 per 75cl bottle
€72 a case